Far too often, gamers are playing on beautiful, High-Def Plasma TV’s; yet they are using a crummy $18 headset and TV speakers for sound! Sounds crazy, huh?!? Well here we will examine 5 of the top gaming headsets available today, and help you learn whether they are right for your needs to upgrade to enhanced gaming audio. You will be amazed at the difference of the gaming experience with the better sound, as it is more enjoyable and usually increases your kill ratio. Also most of these headphones are compatible with plasma TV’s. The first 2 picks are a “newcomer” to the business, Sharkoon. These 2 headsets are already getting very good reviews amongst gamers, so we will introduce them here.
- Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset-This top gaming headset features 4 speaker’s per earpiece, and volume controls built into the headset cable for easy locating. Users report the headset is extremely comfortable during extended periods of game play. The overall sound is very high quality, and the volume may be adjusted individually for each earpiece. Another nice feature is the volume adjustment is easier to locate because it lights up, and has different colors for each volume level! The down sides are a lot of wires and a somewhat hefty price tag (although normal for a true Dolby headset). Supports:PC, box 360, PS3.
- Sharkoon X-Tatic SP Gaming Headset-Quality gaming sound at an affordable price! Merely plugging this headset into the USB jacks of your console or PC makes you ready to enjoy your “all-night” gaming sessions of Call of Duty:Black Ops! Features an in-line amplifier and separate volume controls for voice communication. The price is about half that of the 5.1 headset, yet still maintains its quality features. Another interesting advantage of the Sharkoon brand is that they may well be the best looking headset on the market also! Supports:Xbox 360, PS3, PC.
- Ear Force X31 Digital RF Wireless Game Audio+Xbox Live Chat-An amazing headset with incredible sound quality and a crystal clear, 2. 4GHz digital RF wireless connection. This is a top gaming headset that any gamer would love to own, whether playing online or watching a movie on Netflix; this unit really delivers. Extremely comfortable cushioned ear cups, truly wireless, independent chat and game volume controls, and advanced “battery booster” circuitry which squeezes every last drop of energy from the batteries before they die. And the price is really cheap for such a great custom vr headsets The only problems with this headset are the mute switch is hard to find, and once the batteries go out, they are TOTALLY dead; usually in the middle of a game. Supports:Xbox 360.
- Turtle Beach TBS-2052 Ear Force Z2 Professional Grade PC Headset-Adjustable padded headset with 50mm professional grade stereo speakers. This top gaming headset is especially designed for PC gaming to give you a competitive advantage due to directional speaker positioning and extreme comfort. It’s compact design makes it great for gamers “on the go”, and it has sound absorbing cushions to help block out distracting noises such as fans or nearby people. It is an amazing headset for a very affordable price. Works with PC, Mac, Xbox 360/live, MP3 players, and for watching movies online or even Skype.
- Ear Force PX 21 Gaming Headset for PS3-Excellent game sound with super clear chat communication whether your online with the Xbox360, PC, or Playstation3 network. A durable design with large, comfortable ear cups provide a superior gaming experience for enjoying those “all-night” gaming sessions of Black Ops or Bad Company:2. Features rotating ear cups, independent game and chat volumes, bass boost, and all with a simple USB connection. This is also one of the more affordable top gaming headsets on the market for the PS3 right now.